Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Very Happy Birthday to Clark Gable, Of Things to Come, & Introduction of Star of the Month . . .

Who's your friend, Clark?
Photo Courtesy of http://www.leopardandlipstick.blogspot.com
     Today would've been, whom many consider the KING of Hollywood, Clark Gable's, also known as the rogue Rhett Butler, 111th birthday. Now, that, ladies and gentlemen, is a lot of candles . . . Clark was one of the greatest all time actors that the world has ever seen. He gets to claim classics such as Red Dust, It Happened One Night, and, of course, Gone with the Wind, as his. That is quite an accomplishment.
     Now, I've been thinking for quite a while now as to how I can make this here blog of mine better. There are so many wonderfully amazing classic blogs that I feel as though mine is inferior to all the rest, but I'm going to try my hardest to make that not so. So with that, all this month there will be coming added attractions that I hope you will all like as much as I enjoy doing them.
     So, with that in mind, here's the first biggest added attraction that will become a regular on here.
     I know very well that this isn't a very original idea, but I've decided that each and every month, I'm going to have a Star of the Month. My plan is to give a top five list of what I feel are essentials from the star's repertoire of films, and each week, do a review on one of them. I will also give a mini-biography on him or her, Did You Know?, 7 Degrees of Separation (I chose seven because that's my favorite number), and whatever else comes to mind.
     Just to throw a curve ball, to do what is least expected of me, because let's face it, I'm sure all of you (all of you that read this blog that is), think it's going to be Cary Grant or Dean Martin who will be my first Star of the Month. MaWahahaha! You are wrong! Wrong, wrong, wrong--wr *Breaks off, clears throat* Okay, I'm good, I'm good.
     So, without a further ado, the first of The Shades of Black and White Star of the Month award (hmm, there's not really an award) goes to . . . *Drum roll*

SIDNEY POITIER
Look! Even Sidney's excited about it!
Photo Courtesy of http://www.listal.com


     Tomorrow, I'll put up my Star Essentials, and this Saturday, I'll start off the first review for one of my said top 5 essentials.

No comments: